Friday, June 15, 2007

I Believe The Children Are Our Future


We work in an English Village school, so that means are classes are situation-based and involve a lot of role play. There is Hospital class, Restaraunt, Airplane, etc. However, twice a week we have Homeroom class. Homeroom class means our director couldn't think of any more situational classes and wants us to kill 45 minutes. Thursday in Homeroom I have my students write journals to tell me about their week so far at the village. The insight is sometimes facinating.

Eileen wrote: " I like english and I thought my english is very well. But I come here and meet 'Chunky Monkey' who is good at english. "AHHHH!!!" I want to talk to teacher in classtime, but he!"

Poor Eileen! Chunky Monkey was an attention hog.

Chunky Monkey wrote: "My favorite teacher here was Shawn, because he was nice and fair to everybody. But unfortunately, I don't think it was fair for him to give me a red stamp. (I can't explain why because it takes too much space.)"

We give red stamps for discipline. Sorry Chunky, but you were wearing your drama costume over your head while your body was stuck through a folding chair. I had no choice!

Sally Kim thought: "I like the lunch vere vere vere vere vere vere vere much. Lunch is so much. I love lunch."

Sally, I've had the lunch and I have to disagree.

Da Hye writes: "English Village is fun.. teachers are kind.. But I can't speak english. So I can't listen it.. little hard"

At least she's honest, and no, she didn't listen it.

Here's what David thought about our psychadelic golf class: "The best game is golf, yes it's very good effect to me."

My favorite though, was jolly Josephine: "I learned more english. I'm go home, I speak english. Ho-ho! "

Ho, ho, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment