Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Living the dream

Shawn is "living the dream" with a new friend

Due to popular demand, we've updated the post! Yes, we've slacked off with the posting lately as there hasn't been much to report! We found out that Mike was staying another month at our school and that Chris is the new head teacher. In hindsight, I'm glad I'm not the head teacher since I've now realized that it would be a lot more to deal with in terms of negotiations and teacher-employer issues. But, I really don't care one way or the other, as I'm sure Chris will do a good job. I'm now teaching "Broadcasting" and "Post Office" in addition to my regular airplane, homestay, homeroom, drama classes. It's a really nice change and the variety makes all the difference in the world. The kids are nice this week, but I'm somewhat concerned about one of Shawn's students. She has big red rashes around her eyes (like a raccoon). If it's anything like pink eye, I'll be getting it! It's strange because I've never seen that before.

As for our social life, last weekend, we played nintendo with a few of the other teachers in our apartment; checked out out the other side of Suwon known as Youngtong-dong; went shopping in Myeong-dong and ate dinner with Dayna. During the week we usually go home and make something for supper. Then we watch tv on our laptop and go to bed! So you can see how we might not be inspired to post about our excitement-free weeknights. Of course, this weekend coming up is the Lunar New Year. As per usual, YBM will give us a long weekend (woo hoo!) followed up by a Tuesday-Saturday week with a one day weekend (hmmmph!!!). This is how they can avoid paying us "holiday pay".

What are our plans for the new year? We're gonna be "living the dream", as England Shaun always says. This of course, will include meeting up with Dayna, drinking our faces off in Seoul, and singing alllll night long!

No comments:

Post a Comment