Saturday, February 3, 2007

Row Row Row Your Boat

One of the main selling points of our school to prospective students is the drama program. Our director really loves drama and thinks the program is pretty much the bees knees. Monday through Thursday each teacher works with a group of 15 students, and on Friday they put on a short play in english for the other students at the school. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's frustrating- it usually depends on the group of kids you have that week. We only have four or five different plays to choose from and I had done "Mud Puddle" for seven weeks straight, so I decided to write my own play to change it up for myself. "Mud Puddle" was a little too... conceptual. It was about this giant Mud Puddle monster that keeps getting a group of kids dirty. I found that the audience usually had no idea what the mud puddle was and it was hard to simulate a group of kids "getting dirty". The play I wrote is "Row Row Row Your Boat", which is so much simpler for the kids to remember, although I'll admit it needs a little work because it's probably a little too simple.

Anywho, Mel taped Friday's performance for me, so grab some popcorn and enjoy my masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment