Saturday, July 17, 2010

Taco Bell

Taco Bell has officially opened in Seoul! I almost never go to Taco Bell at home- I've eaten there maybe 5 times in my whole life- but Mel and I thought we'd go check out what all the buzz was about on Saturday night. A lot of foreigners are really, really excited to have TB in Korea again.

It was a miserable rainy night so the line wasn't too bad (click HERE for a picture of the line last weekend!) but we still had to wait 20 minutes for our food, though I'm sure this will get better as time goes on. Actually, there were almost as many people waiting for their food as there were people sitting and eating and it was really hard to understand the employee who was reading out the completed order numbers. Suggestion: invest in a numbered sign. Also, though the restaurant itself is actually 3-floors tall, the dining area still feels really cramped. Where's my damn ambiance, Taco Bell?

Mel got a burrito and I got some tacos supreme and fries bellgrande and they were pretty good. It tasted pretty much like what I remember at home, and that's all you can ask for. There aren't too many Mexican places in Seoul, so TB hits the spot and it's definitely the cheapest Mexican dining option around. I might wait for the line to die down a bit before I check it out again, but I hope it does well and more stores open up. And I hope Arby's follows suit. Imagine how many junior bulgogi burgers with horsey sauce they could sell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment