Thursday, December 3, 2009

Domo, Inc


Taiwan is full of cute, colorful characters. Every store seems to have it's own cartoon mascot and every night market has at least one huge store devoted to the merchandise of these characters. Mel and I both have a favorite character, and his name is Domo. He is a big brown square with arms, eyes and a mouth (that doesn't close) and he always looks like he is furious with the world. He's awesome.



Wikipedia tells me that Domo is Japanese and was created by a TV channel to star in short 30 second time-filling commercials to be shown in between TV programs, like Canada's "Heritage Moments" only far more awesome. Youtube has a compilation of all his greatest hits (see above).


Slowly but surely, I have accumulated a small collection of Domo merchandise. The stuff is so cheap and it makes me laugh. I have decided to blog about my collection so that you all can know just how far this obsession has gone. Above, you can see my first Domo-related purchase, the Domo wallet. He's in a suit and tie reporting the news! Win!


Next, in a loving gesture, I got Melodie this Domo pillow for her birthday. Doesn't he make our bed look like a relaxed, comfortable place to rest?


Domo calendar! 2010 is going to be a good year.


I spend my mornings with Domo and a cup of joe.


Mel's Domo keychain yells at every door we stick our keys in.


Domo slippers! Everytime I wear them (I'm wearing them now) I feel like I have the world's angriest feet.


Wind-up Domo. Unfortunately, this thing broke the first time I wound it up :( He still makes a good ornament, but I'll probably go back and buy another one someday.

Finally, last night I decided to paint a canvas. Our apartment still feels pretty empty so I wanted to paint something to put on the wall. I thought long and hard about what I should paint and after much consideration I decided on something that might surprise you:


You like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive