Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's (not) Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

Despite the fact that Santa is driving the bus and Christmas decorations are on display everywhere, I can't believe Christmas is in just 2 days! The decorations that I see and the Christmas music that I hear seem to be disingenuously transplanted into a country where they don't belong. Plus, many of the things that we associate with the Christmas holidays are just not applicable this year: there's no standing in line to buy last minute gifts because we mailed our gifts home a month ago, the weather has jumped back up to the low-20s so it's not even cold, and there's no long Christmas break from work (in fact, I have to work a few hours on Christmas).

Of course, I am still looking forward to the 25th- I think it's still going to be a special day... just a different kind of "special". We are having Christmas dinner for a dozen of our closest friends (AKA the only people we know in the whole country) and we'll be enjoying a mix of North American and Taiwanese cooking. We're also doing a secret Santa gift exchange, so I expect to see a few new issues of "Sexy Nuts" floating around our place in a few days, and Mel and I each have Skype dates with our families, not unlike Christmas 2006 which we spent in Korea:

Merryyyyyy Christmassssss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive