Friday, December 18, 2009

Life In An Igloo


Remember on Tuesday when I went to the beach in shorts and flip flops? Well, on Wednesday a cold front hit Taiwan and temperatures dropped 10-15 degrees! We've had daytime highs of 10-13 degrees, and although that doesn't sound too cold for December, consider this: with the humidity in Taiwan the temperature feels much colder AND we have no heat in our apartment so there's nothing we can do about how cold we feel. In Canada our apartment was always kept at at least 20 degrees.

I woke up this morning and it was 14 degrees in my apartment. It felt so ICY! Why don't Taiwanese apartments have some form of heat?? I'm taking two baths a day right now and walking around with a comforter wrapped around my body... how long does winter last, again??. Okay, I'm off to buy some sweaters- have a good weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive