Friday, January 1, 2010

Greatest Hits Of 2009

2009 has been a pretty good year for us. We love traveling and we were able to visit 3 different continents this year. We made some big decisions, a big move and had special times with special friends. In no particular order, and because I really have nothing better to do, I wanted to post some of our favorite moments of 2009.

Getting engaged in Ronda, Spain! How could this not be the #1 moment of 2009 for me? We shook hands on it at the base of this huge gorge, next to the bridge. It was perfect.

Travis and Lisa's wedding on a beautiful hot day in July in Bathurst, NB. There couldn't have been a better location (except maybe Vegas :P), better food or better friends. Congrats, Murrays!

Constantly climbing the same hiking trail in Welsford, NB. I can't even remember what the trail is called, but it's the only one we know in NB so we kept hiking it, taking new friends with us each time.

Our house in Rothesay. We wound up with the electric bill from hell, but we were still so happy in this house. We finally had a yard, classy interiors, peace and quiet and so much space. I bet it will be the only time in my life that I live on a street full of mansions!

Playing pool on my 15 minute (lets face it, 20 minute) breaks at Wyndham. Good times- and nobody could compete with muh mad skillz.

9 days at Old Orchard Beach. The beach was beautiful and we were able to do lots of touristy things and spend time with the Ericksons before we left for Taiwan. Forget that it rained for the majority of this trip, we made a wicked good tent city to protect us from the weather that week.

Our British BFFs Emmer and Ryan visited us for a few days when we were in Spain and we travelled around Malaga and visited the world's coldest castle! So fun! Can't we just all go back to work at the English Villagey and play nertz during the fashion shows again?

Shawn and Dayna's birthday spectacular! One last night of karaoke before we left *sniff sniff*

Jason's wisdom teeth! Actually, I think everyone I know had their wisdom teeth out this summer, but the greatest hit came when I went home to visit in August and Jason was scheduled for a next-day surgery to have his wisdom teeth out. Why was this awesome? The dentist let me take photos of his corpse-like anesthetized body and I got to see my brother high-as-a-kite, demanding drugs in the Aylesford drug store while blood poured down his face. Win!

The strangest thing I've done this year HAS to be our visit to "Snake Alley" in Taipei. Our neighbors were a little too excited to take me, Mel and Nareesa to try snake soup with shots of snake blood, bile, semen and urine. I can't believe we finished it all... but we did.

Probably my favorite thing that we've done (besides the Christine Sweaters runway show) in Taiwan has been our trip to Monkey Mountain in Kaohsiung. Hiking through tropical foliage while monkeys chilled on the paths in front of us and jumped through the branches over our heads isn't something you have the chance to do everyday in Canada. And finishing the day by going on the Hello Kitty ferris wheel and visiting the Love River was icing on the cake.

And of course, last but not least, moving to Taiwan and meeting lots of great people. Our time here would be nowhere near as fun without all of you guys so thank you thank you thank you for putting up with us so far. We're looking forward to making the most of our Chinese New Year break with you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment