Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Losing It

I have a black jacket made out of a material quite similar to that of a garbage bag. Yeah, it looks as cool as it sounds. The material is slippery and the jacket pockets have no zippers. Despite this, I just love putting things in those pockets. On Sunday I decided to put my camera in my jacket pocket and then fall asleep on the bus home from the Jamsil Home Plus. When I got home I decided I'd upload my booze cruise photos and write a blog post, but guess what? My camera had disappeared. I briefly looked for it, but I knew what happened. I'd obviously learned nothing from losing my wallet in Taiwan.

After a bit of searching online I found a lost and found line for the Seoul City bus system. It's (02) 415-4101 and they only speak Korean so if you lose some shiz, get a Korean friend to call for you. My assistant teacher/all-around-awesome-person, Mindy called on my behalf and guess what? Someone had actually found and turned in my camera. I am so lucky! Mindy told them I was coming, wrote me a letter in Korean explaining why I was there just in case my charades skills didn't work and wrote down all the directions for me.

The lost and found center is at a bus terminal right outside Namtaeryeong station. And now I can take more pictures like this to share with the world:

It's a good news day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive