Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Simpsons In Korean


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYJv80i_Ck

When I was growing up, if I was really desperate for something to watch on TV I would watch the Simpsons in French on CBC. It was always really weird to hear Homer's French voice... it's just never seemed right.

The last time we lived in Korea, the Simpsons Movie had just come out but none of our students really knew who the Simspons were. Since we've been back I've noticed that you can buy all kinds of Simpsons products everywhere, just like you used to be able to in the 90s at home. I've even seen an "I didn't do it" t-shirt. The Simpsons are animated in Korea so maybe there's a little bit of hometown pride going on.

Check out this video of the Simpsons dubbed in Korean. Homer's voice is pretty well done, but I don't know about Marge. My favorite part is when they change "Go Isotopes" to "Isotopes Fighting"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive