Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Super Skiing Saturday


Last Saturday I went skiing with Sarah, Aaron and Shaun. We went to a place called "Pine Resort" about an hour bus ride away from Suwon. Here is my story:

7:00am- Woke up and had a shower. Changed into my best fleece attire and ate a few bananas.

8:05am- Met the others in the lobby of our building and headed out to catch a cab to Youngton-dong.

8:40am-Caught the free express bus to Pine Resort.


11:30ish am- Started skiing! Sarah and I took on "teacher" roles to help Shaun learn how to ski.



(Actually, it was more Sarah than me. I, myself, was secretly relearning how to ski since I don't ski that often!)

There were so many chairlifts there that we hardly ever found ourselves waiting more than 2 mintues to get on one! I had previously thought we'd wait forever.



1:00pm: After a few hours of skiing, we were really hungry so we took a break. We decided to try a Korean restaurant because the sign said "roast chicken". Well, wouldn't you know, we were given an "X" when we tried to order the chicken, then another "X" when we tried to order chicken skewers, then another "X" when we order pineapple rice. Eventually, Aaron and Sarah ordered some french fries and Shaun and I ordered a "cheese omelet". Unfortunately, the omelet turned out to be full of rice and covered with a gravy sauce. It was somewhat disappointing, but I guess I was just expecting something else. Oh well!!!

2:00pm-5:00pm: Many more hours of skiing. After a while I found myself getting faster and faster because I was getting lazier and weaker. I mean, your muscles hurt after 6 hours of flexing! I still feel the effects now!


Poor Shaun fell many, many times. But, he was very determined to ski down the slope once without falling. And amazingly, he did, twice!!!

5:30pm- We waited for our express bus....and waited....and waited....

6:00pm- We found out we had missed our bus and there wouldn't be another one coming until 10pm. Exhausted, we all agreed to get a cab back to Suwon.

7:30ishpm: We arrived back home with only a $32.00 cab bill split between 4 people!!! Not bad!

10:00pm: I fell asleep for 12 hours.
The end!








No comments:

Post a Comment