Friday, January 12, 2007

Thank God it's Friday!


We've been looking forward to this particular Friday for a few reasons:


1. Dayna's arrival to Korea, 2. It's a real 2-day weekend again and 3. The conclusion of the Team 6 from Hell.


We'll start with the negative: Yes, my team this week was incredibly behaviour challenged. One kid whose English name was "Mad" made EVERY teacher "mad". He got this name because on Monday's orientation when you give the kids a tour and they fill out their name tag, this particular kid made Chris very "mad" and he decided this would be a good name for him.


From the very first class I had with him, he was in my face, fighting with other kids and laughing if I got angry with him. So on my second day I decided to pull him and his two croonies out of class and I threatened calling their mothers. I pointed to the video cameras in the classrooms and I told them I could show the tapes to their parents. That seemed to calm them down for only the next few classes. So needless to say, the rest of the week was HELL. Unfortunately, the only real discipline action we can provoke is to give the students "Red Stamps", but after so many red stamps, this discipline doesn't mean anything. So I ended up kicking a few of these bad apples out of a few of my classes. I decided early on in the week to not let it bother me and to laugh about it. It's nice because I knew I wouldn't have to worry about it next week. So to conclude this saga, Mad ended up getting in a physical fight with a girl during the graduation ceremony and he was taken outside. I saw him crying when we left to go home. I hope he got what he deserved! What a week!




So right after work, Shawn and I left to get on the bus to Incheon Airport. It had been only 4 months since we'd been there, but we realized that we couldn't remember much about the airport. At the time, it had been almost 30 hours without sleep for us! At approximately 8pm, Dayna walked out.





She seemed better off then when we were in her position. She said she was able to sleep a little bit on the plane. We went to McDonald's and ate a few things. We gave Dayna a package with directions to the grocery store, an "I'm a vegetarian" card in Korean, a Bus/Subway Pass and our phone numbers. We got her on her bus and we got on ours. At approximately 11pm, we got back to our apartment in Suwon.



All in all, it was a pretty good day. We're excited that Dayna is here and we plan to take her around Seoul on Sunday. Yee!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment