Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Five Foods I Plan on Devouring Within Minutes of Returning To Canada...

According to my calculations, Melodie and I only have 48 days left in Korea!! Time goes by really fast and we already have plans for every remaining weekend which will make time go all that much faster. Dayna flew back to Canada today after a 6-month stint and I guess it's got me thinking a bit about home. We spend a lot of time daydreaming with our friends about all the wonderful foods we will dig into as soon as we get home, but with the date approaching, it's fast becoming a reality. I've decided to give some serious thought to the foods I miss the most and to post a list of such foods publicly so that my parents can commence the necessary grocery shopping ASAP. Hint, hint. Anyway, this is what I'm hungry for tonight:


10. A chinese buffet- there is a surprising number of chinese buffets around the small town I grew up in and as far as I'm concerned they're all fantastic. What I wouldn't do for a plate of sweet and sour chicken, wontons, garlic spare ribs and fried rice! There's chinese food here, but it's a lot of pork and spaghetti-like noodles in black bean sauce and that just doesn't cut it.


9.. Macaroni salad- I go through a bucket of this stuff a week at home- it goes with anything, I love it! I've tried making it myself here, but it was disappointing :(


8. Hot chicken samosas- We used to live next door to a Saturday morning market where a family sold these awesome hot and tasty samosas and I couldn't get enough of them. The market closed at noon and they were the only things that could get me out out of bed early on a lazy weekend day! We'd buy like a dozen and eat them all week.

7. Seedless green grapes- The grapes here smell like wine and they're seedy. And that's all I have to say about that.


6. Ruffles chips and Philedelphia cream cheese herb & spice dip- Mmmmm... I miss chip dip, though sometimes I make my own dip with onion soup mix and sour cream and it's pretty darn good.


5. KFC gravy- No chicken required, I would be happy to just drink a cup of the stuff.


4. Roast chicken dinner- with all the fixin's and a big pie for dessert.



3. Lays Ketchup Chips- or any flavour besides "onion", "hot" and "regular"



2. Tim Horton's coffee, large double-double - This probably comes up the most in our daydreams. We fantasize about what the cups look like now (the style changes seasonally), how much a large coffee probably costs, if there's any new doughnuts... and I'm still sad that I missed roll up the rim!


1. Arby's roast beef sandwiches with baked potato- There's an Arby's 15 minutes from the Halifax airport and I hope that I fly in during business hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment