Thursday, July 5, 2007

There's a whole lot of "dong" at the English Village


In Korea, "dong" (poop) is very popular. It is popular in children's drawings, language, and animations. Adults have gone so far as to put on a musical production entitled, "The Golden Dong"at the prestigious performing arts centre. Apparently the plot is that the characters need to find the magical dong. Maybe it's like Charlie looking for the golden ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not sure. Lately, I have been trying to perfect my "dong" sketch, though I think I still need some practice.
I could ask a student for help though, because they draw dong all over their work and on any white board that is handed to them (The student who drew the dong pic above also made her dominos dong-shaped in class) You have to make sure the dong appears to be continuous and hot and steamy. A finished dong needs to look coiled, like a refreshing soft served ice cream. Trust me, if you eat Korean food you are more than likely aware of "hot and steamy" dong. I hope you enjoyed this informative tidbit of Korean humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment