Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Case of the Missing Wallet= Solved!


Hey- if you ever lose anything in a taxi in Taiwan, just check the Police Radio Station website:

http://www.prs.gov.tw/EN/index.aspx

Their policy:

"Lost and found

If you left something in the taxi, you can find it back through PRS. We even reward the strangers who finds more than NT$50,000 but never keeps for his own."

A typical lost item ad on their website

What an awesome service! One advantage of living in such a big city is that there's a lot of people and a lot of services to serve the people. Whereas at home if you lost something in a taxi you'd just call the taxi company, here the taxi company hands lost items over to the Police Radio Station. It's not just limited to taxis, if you lose anything anywhere, you can contact the Police Radio Station.

When I got to work on Monday my supervisor had already been called by the radio station about my wallet. Her business card with her phone number was in the wallet, so they gave her a call. The taxi driver from Saturday night had turned it in over the weekend. When I got home from work, my neighbor said she called the radio station too but they told her they'd already contacted me through my supervisor. I was so, so happy and I feel really lucky. It would have sucked to replace all of that ID- especially my drivers license, which I waited 28 years to get, after all!

So, after work on Monday I went to the radio station building and claimed my wallet. At home you'd have to describe the wallet and it's contents, but when they saw the Canadian walk into the building they believed it was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment