Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hey Fatass!

When you walk past a chain store called "Y.B.S." (Young Big Size) and the sign says the sizes start at medium, you know you're not in Canada anymore!



As a petite gentleman, I have enjoyed the rewards of living in short and skinny countries like Korea and Taiwan, as I often have trouble finding clothes that don't hang off of me at home. Looking like a low-rent Eminem is not a good style for me. If I recall, in Korea we saw exactly zero fat Koreans. Maybe they existed somewhere but if so, I don't think they left home too often for fear of shaming their families. In Taiwan, while most people are still mostly skinny there is a greater number of chubby chubbies than in Korea. Maybe it's because the food is better here? I dunno, but anyway, I imagine these people have trouble finding clothes to wear because at our local department store a large is a 29 waist! And 2XL is a 32! I'm a 30 waist so am I an extra-large here? Holy.

Time to cut down on all those Mister Donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment