Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Love Lucy

Friday night we went to Suwon. There was a pair of dress shoes I wanted to buy there, but of course my size was "opso" so I was forced to buy a bunch of clothes instead. Anyway, we do this shopping trip to Suwon every couple of weeks so I wouldn't normally blog about it except that we stayed in the best love motel for the night! We usually stay at a nice place by Paldalmun Market, but it recently closed and became an officetel. Luckily, we found an awesome strip of new love motels near where we used to live... behind the park opposite city hall/Home Plus. On Friday night we tried the Lucy Motel, because it had a plastic Spiderman model on the roof- a sign of quality if ever there was one.


I didn't take too many pictures, but here's a few shots of the hot tub area. It was a massive tub surrounded by mirrors and facing a giant, rotatable LCD TV. The TV was hooked up to the room's TWO computers, so we downloaded some shows and watched them in the tub.

The rest of the room was super nice too- everything was marble and leather, and the bed was really comfy too. All this for 55,000 Won (cheaper on weeknights). We decided we're going to treat ourselves to another night there over the Chinese New Year holiday in two weeks.

As I mentioned, we went clothes shopping at the market. I feel like you need to be made aware of Korea's hot trend for ladies this winter: puffy coats paired with short shorts. Shorts! In winter! Did I mention that this is the coldest winter Korea's seen in a century? Common sense just isn't common enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive