Monday, September 25, 2006

Just Exhausting

This week there's only 200 kids at our school so everyone has a light schedule (last week there were 400). That means that Mel and I are "assistant" teaching for the week. She is sitting in on nine 45-minute cooking classes this week and I am watching ten transportation classes. We get paid like $600 each for this week of work, free apartment, free food, no bills... Yawn, rough week! After Friday we have 9 days off. Expect lots of pics that week. We plan on checking out Suwon (the city that we're moving to next month) and the DMZ bordering North Korea. Until then here's a few random photos.





Korea's skyline is really nice because everywhere you look there are mountains, even in the busiest areas. We plan on hiking near the school on our week off.



Near the Doota that I blogged about the other day.



We went out to the bars in this district last weekend. This is where we made our new friends.



Local bat-bar (for Pat)



Yet another funny sign



Rubber chicken at it again



One thing I noticed about the pop selection when we first moved here was that there was no 7-up or Sprite, but look what we found last night. 7-up is apparently "new" and features FIDO DIDO on the bottle!!! LOL!! I love me some Dido.



Apparently Koreans also like their cheap wine, because look what we found. The infamous Boones!



To further elaborate on this countrys' obsession with tomatoes... who wants me to mail them some Tomato popcicles? Jason, I know you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment