Thursday, November 9, 2006

Our last day... goodbye Melrose Place


This our last day at Seoul English Village! We move to Suwon tomorrow. I met all the Suwon teachers yesterday and had a few of them over to our place while they were observing classes in Seoul. They're all nice and there's even one girl from Nova Scotia. Small world!

However, we saw a sample schedule for our new school and it's the suck. Teaching 7 classes a day, 5 days a week! We teach 3 or 4 a day here, some days we only teach one1. AND all of the classes are different. I'll be teaching 20 different subjects! I noticed that one of the classes scheduled for me to teach is DANCE and I plan to raise old hell over that. It's not happening. Here we teach the same two classes all week, which allows you to get comfortable (and good) at your class. Also, in Seoul our lunch break is an hour and a half, in Suwon it's an hour. In Seoul our apartment is big, in Suwon it will be small. Plus, I hear the school still has a lot of work to be done and the other teachers haven't even been allowed to see it yet. Needless to say, we are approaching this all very hesitantly. I'm truly looking forward to doing more work, paying utilities and living in a smaller apartment for the same pay (**sarcasm**)

On the bright side we get free cable! And like I said the other teachers are cool. And we might not have to teach for a few weeks until it opens. So it will be OK at first but, umm.... I can see the big picture and I'm scared!

We're going to miss everyone but mostly all of the SEV gossip. Like my post title suggests, this place is a bit like Melrose Place. It's kind of a soap opera because everyone lives together. Some people are dating, some people are fighting with other teachers, there are cliques... it was definately an interesting group!

Our internet access is also up in the air, but be sure that when the dust is settled we will start posting again! It's Friday night so you know there's pizza, beer and cards at our place tonight...

Update: We'll have our internet Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive