Monday, November 20, 2006

Our "Day Off"

Mayor Kim of Suwon City

This morning someone kept knocking on our door. We ignored the first few knocks because we were both asleep and we'd assumed it was the Jehovah's Witnesses that came the previous day. On the fourth round of knocks, we finally answered the door. I mean, it was our day off, what could the problem be? Apparently, our boss found out that the mayor wanted to visit our village today! Surprise!!!! We were given 30 minutes to change into "nice" clothes and walk to our school. Now, if Korea has taught us anything, it's to disregard time deadlines. So Shawn and I skipped our showers and went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and donuts. I won a Dunkin Donuts mug on the roll up the rim! We are getting to be quite the regulars there! And since I think I'm the only person who buys the coffee, I've been winning every time.

We got to the school 10 minutes before the expected arrival of the mayor of Suwon. Of course, he didn't show up until nearly 2 hours later. I have been sick since last Friday and I looked like death today. I was blowing my nose, had no voice, was experiencing headaches...all those cold-like symptoms. Anyway, I looked in no shape to meet the mayor. I was hoping to simply shake his hand and hide the rest of the time. But no, out of everyone on our staff, I had to have MY picture taken with the mayor! Why does that always happen? I hope I didn't get Mayor Kim sick! And tomorrow, we get to wake up early and meet the vice-mayor! Woo hoo!!!! (sarcastic)
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive