Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Random Post of Randomness

Well, we have a potpouri of topics to discuss today, first of all: the music here is terrible. The department stores and public areas play a lot of late-90's sounding pop-boy band music. And all english music is always the Backstreet Boys or Spice Girls. A lot of Korean pop songs will use a few english verses and the one that we kept hearing over and over since the time we arrived was 'I love Rock Roll" by Koyote. I just found out what the song was called and the artist's name thanks to one of the korean teachers at our school. This song is played allllll the time everywhere. I'm assuming it's a big hit. I really like this song. It's the perfect example of the mindless pop that is so popular here. It gets stuck in your head and when I listen to it/sing it at the top of my lungs it drives Mel up the wall. Listen for yourself here: http://www.myspace.com/koyoteisbeast The song will automatically start after a few seconds. Turn it up, party people.

Also, our school's website is finally active and we all had to write brief write ups about ourselves to go on the page. Unfortunately, they were heavily edited and I look like a fool in my mugshot -ahem- I mean photo. Enjoy. Laugh. http://www.swev.go.kr/int/lecturer.asp If you click on the arrow under our pictures you can read the write ups. Please note that it was irrelevant to mention that Melodie has a bachelor of education. I mean, it's not really relevant to teaching or anything. Please also note that the Canadians got top billing! Woo, go team Timmies!


Last Friday all of the Suwon teachers went out after work and Mel and I drank tall beers. See the cup holder the glass is sitting in? It kept the drinks at a cool -4 degrees. Ahhh, crisp!

Tonight, Mel and I went to Suwon station to finish up our Christmas shopping. There is an area with a bunch of food vendors and tonight we saw an interesting group of items for sale. Remember how we told you about the habit of serving our coffees with straws? Well, how about a cup of french fries with a straw? Is the straw used to suck up the ketchup? What exactly is the advantage of the straw here? Let's put our heads together and figure this out in the comments section. I blame the tomatoes.

Well, our new school opens on Monday. It looks pretty nice and everything is coming together. We are doing practice classes for the next two days before the weekend (which I am referring to as "the eye before the storm"). Certain aspects of the school week have been planned to the minute, and some things have been brushed over and avoided. It will be an interesting week and I'll be hiding in the 'board game' class. Yeah!

Well, you are now completely up to date. I'm going to go eat some fish heads. Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive