Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thirsty? Enjoy A Drink Of Hot Water



You know how some people say that it’s best to drink a warm beverage on a hot day? Well, I didn’t think anyone actually did that until I moved to Taiwan. In a country where it hasn’t been under 35 degrees in the day since I’ve been here, all of their water “coolers” dispense hot water. That’s right, the “cooler” in the above picture doesn’t say “100” because it’s 100% cold- it’s 100 degrees! Mmmm, how refreshing. At first I thought I just didn’t know how use the machine correctly! However, if you go to any store to buy a drink it’s always refrigerated. So do they like it hot or not? To get to the bottom of this, Mel quizzed her Taiwanese boss:



Melodie: I noticed that all the water dispensers here only have hot water.



Boss: Yes



Melodie: So do people not like cold water in Taiwan?



Boss: (laughs) Oh, Canadian teachers always want cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive