Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cupcakes and Painful High Fives


(Not actual image of SEV's cupcakes: Missing: spit, hair, soap, icing....)

This week at school has been very challenging for both Shawn and I. I blame the kids because there are twice as many this week than last, and they seem to have alot of behavioural problems. For example, I had a class of 13 year olds on Tuesday who were straight from hell. After much yelling and threats, I decided to not give them any cupcakes. That's right, I hold the power! Then I hear from almost every group of kids that the previous classes put something (ex: hair, soap, spit) in the next group's cupcakes. In Suwon, I want the class to actually cook something that they will be able to eat in class! Sooooo annoying!

Then today when I was walking to class, a boy was like "High Five" and slapped my hand so hard, it was seriously tingling. I was furious!!!! I yelled at him but I had to run to my class before the bell....so no time for finding someone in authority. But, a few minutes later, I saw another teacher (who is from New York) walk by and the same kid was bent over on the floor in pain...serves him right. He probably got "high fived" right back! Dont' mess with New York!

Shawn had a kid cry in every class he taught today, for various reasons. Next week, there is an "intensive week" of students where there is supposed to be 28 teams of kids. That's roughly 420 students. We're not sure what our role will be in "intensive" but apparently, it's always chaotic, disorganized and more work. Yee hah!!!!!

Thank God tomorrow's Friday, even though it means graduation for the students (aka: making kids cry so they will get their parents to send them back.

Please forgive the negative tone. Tonight we'll vent our frustrations with our fellow card-playin' teachers with cards, alcohol and pumpkin carving!!!! (stay tuned....)

No comments:

Post a Comment