Sunday, October 29, 2006

One More Month


We were supposed to teach at the Suwon english village starting August 25. A week before our flight our recruiter told us the school wouldn't be opening until early October so he got us jobs at the Seoul english village site. We were supposed to work here for a few weeks and then move to Suwon- since both schools are identical it would be good experience. Well, weeks went by and when October approached we were told that the Suwon school would open around November 4th . So we figured this past weekend would be our last in Seoul and we were a little bummed about that. We rather like the school and our apartment, the job is cake, we've made friends with the other teachers and the city is cool. Most importantly, we know where everything is. If we need groceries, a night out, or a new hat- we know where to go.

This morning we found out we are here for at least another month! The school won't be opening until at least the end of November. But I'll believe it when I see it. We're happy! But since I know we're going to be here for a while I think I might ask to teach a different class soon. We're supposed to get new classes every month and I've had magic for 7 weeks. I guess it's a class that a lot of people don't want to teach. I'm crossing my fingers that I get assigned "hackeysack" class.

Tonight is the first night of the intensive Theatre class. I have my own class of ten students and by the end of the week they have to put on a 10 minute english play of 'The Paper Bag Princess". And I got the team with the very lowest english. Mel got the team with the second lowest and her class is performing "Mortimer". Sooooo wish us luck! I have no idea what I'm going to do with these kids for two hours tonight, but I guess I'll find out in a few hours! (I'm thinking a lot of hangman will be played...)

No comments:

Post a Comment