Thursday, December 16, 2010

Clash of the Carols: Who Sang It Better?

Around a month ago my 7-year-old class started preparing for our school Christmas concert. They're learning three songs and one of them, chosen by my co-teacher, is "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

Around the same time, in my Korean class, our teacher told us that we would be having a Christmas concert of our own at the community center where we take our lessons. Guess what song she chose for us? Five points if you guessed "울면 안돼" AKA "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

So, in an act that proves that karma certainly does exist, my students and I studied our lyrics and dances over the same month-long period. They learned in English and I learned in Korean. My performance was tonight, and my teacher was nice enough to take a video for me. So here you go... who sang it better?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwmX-xf7hCg&feature=player_embedded

7-year old Panda Class or...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyQK5dCSAho&feature=player_embedded
The Waygookins in 1B?

Either way, we've all come a long way in the past 9 months, when all persons present in both videos were illiterate in the opposing languages. I think we all did a good job and deserve a sticker prize. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive